Friday, 12 February 2016

Thankyou for your comments on my last two posts.

About the stockpiling, I do want cut the grocery shopping down as far as I can, but on the other hand if there is a good offer on something you use regularly, it saves in the long run.
Yesterday I didn't really need any shopping apart from the basics but I had a Morrison's voucher for 5000 points when you spend £40 or more and it expired on Sunday to I wanted to take advantage of this.

I love the Match & More I am saving all the vouchers for Christmas. I have £10 already and next time I go after today there will be another £5 voucher.

I took advantage of this offer.

I always buy these as we are a senistive skin family .
Usually £5 each, but I got these 3 for £10. So I was getting one for free.
They will last quite a while as I used much less than it says.
So some things I will stock up on, but I will be sensible as I don't want the house to resemble a supermarket.



Thankyou for all your comments and advice about what to do with the blog.

Most of you know our story, we sold our house in 2010 and paid off our mortgage which left us with a small sum and  hubby retired when we moved so we have his  pension so we could buy a small place now,  we moved up here to be nearer to our son while he is in uni, so we are here for about two and half years more and then we want to put down roots again. But where is undecided.

Some might say having a holiday is not moneysaving and unnecessary, but we all need a break. Apart from our annual holiday and a few days out, we want to knuckle down and concentrate on saving so we have more money to play with when the time comes to move.

So I have decided to carry on with my ramblings here, a lot of it will be about moneysaving and the things I will be doing, at the end of the day this blog is my online diary which I like to share with you, some of you may think  the things I am doing to save is a good idea, others may think, that's not very nice I wouldn't dream of doing that, but at the end of the day we want our house, all paid for and to be mortage/rent free. So whatever it takes.



18 comments:

  1. Well I, for one, love reading your 'ramblings'. We are currently managing on a very low income whilst saving for our wedding in July and hoping to move house in about twelve months time. I am always interested in how others save the pennies and make the most of their money. I do love your recipes too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your saving Jules, are you going to start blogging again? xx

      Delete
    2. Hopefully soon Marlene. X

      Delete
  2. I would miss your "ramblings" I think we all love a good ramble, and I am prone to rambling myself!
    Holiday? What is that? As a child, I only ever went on one; as a teenager I went to Tenerife; as an adult I've done the odd long weekend away; the last time I did anything like that was a week away in Manchester in 2006. In some ways I feel I've missed out on a lot, but in other ways I haven't had to take a week to recover when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all helping each other by sharing our money saving tips. Its great being part of this club. Well done on the savings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like a club doesn't it xx

      Delete
  4. good on you! A great way tl save on food is to shop and stockpile specials and then plan your menu around the specials

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Phil, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are staying as you are, I do look forward to reading your post. We love to get bargains and some times you have to spend a bit more to save in the long run. As for a holiday, we all need the break, and whilst some don't take holidays, I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Marlene, as we want to save others don't agree on the holiday thing, but then everyone is entitled to an opinion x

      Delete
  6. We all enjoy holidays. We always holiday in the UK as I am terrified of flying. An ex work colleague once remarked that the UK isn't a proper holiday. We love it though and in April are off to stay near Heligan Gardens and am determined to visit this time after seeing your photos. Luckily we're no longer tied to school "silly price" holidays as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We enjoy UK and abroad, we don't fly, we do ferry and hubby drives, it use to be his profession so he doesn't mind. Heligan will be nice in the Summer, we went in the winter when we were having our mini free break, but it was still enjoyable xx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are staying, as I only just found you!!!
    I ALWAYS will stockpile laundry stuff when it's on offer as its so expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.