Monday, 8 February 2016

Thankyou for the comments on the cards on the previous post.

I have been asked where I get my supplies.
To be honest I don't have much at all at the moment, I sold up any bits I had left before we moved and am starting afresh now.

I look at the auctions ending soonest on Ebay, the Works has some good bargains, and I pick up a few bits from Poundland.
My supplies are really very basic at the moment.
The cards I made yesterday were made from some Hunkydory toppers I got from Ebay going cheap, so those cards cost me about 50p each to make, if you look out for job lots you can make cards cheaper than this.

Here are just a few basic things I keep in.


Paper stacks and Papers from the works £4.00


I even print out some papers from the internet,.


Some basic Holographic and Metallic card is always handy.


A selection of sentiments, borders, numbers can be  bought cheaply from Ebay, I tend to buy lots rather than individual sheets.



 
Poundland have some nice embellishments.

I got these cards from Amazon, I have cream, red and green.

Again you can buy card blanks really cheaply in the Works.



If you don't want to buy many or just want to give card making a try Asda do a pack of 5 large White cards and envelopes for £1. They can be found in the kids craft section, they are good quality.


I have 4 pairs of assorted scissors, I use glue rollers which I buy in bulk from Amazon or Ebay, foam pads are handy as well.



I was extravagant I bought some Wildlife kits, I have 6 different sorts, these make a minimum of 8 cards each, a couple of  these 3 were £5.99 each, the other 3 I got in the sale, for £2.98 each with free delivery, so I paid £26.91 in total. They have everything you need inc large size cards, so I when I make them all up, the cards will have cost around 57 p each .




Also carboots are a good place to find cheap supplies and also recycle any birthday or christmas cards and pictures from magazines.

So that's it really. I don't have much but it will soon build up.

14 comments:

  1. I go down the recycling route with my card making.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recycle as much as possible. I also have a bigshot die cutter which I use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer recycling, I love something from nothing x

      Delete
  3. I try and keep small cards to 50p and larger cards under £1 all done, I now buy A4 card packs, cut and fold, the envelopes I get from Staples, thus bringing down the cost of the basic card and envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not made my own cards yet, but it's definitely something is like to do. My neighbour makes beautiful cards, some of which we have then framed! Yours from yesterday's post looked very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it keeps me busy when it's cold and wet outside, I am not naturally crafty, but I enoy making cards, xx

      Delete
  5. I've got some reduced bits from Hobbycraft & some free gifts from some magazines last year. Along with my big shot I'm planning to make some cards this year. I shall have a look in The Works - thanks for the tip x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wilko have quite a few crafty bits too including paper stacks and all are reasonably priced. I havent made any cards for ages and yet my craft room is groaning with supplies. I love the bird style cards you have made these would be great to sell at our Study Centre, I must look out for some it might just get me in the mood again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I will take a look in Wilko sometime, Thankyou, x

      Delete
  7. I popped into Lidl this week and card crafty bits are in stock at the moment. Not very expensive either. I darent take up make big cards, I think the HG might leave!

    ReplyDelete