Thursday, 18 February 2016

More Yellow Stickers

Welcome to my new follower Wendy.

Now today I just needed some bread, so we thought as it was nice we would walk up to Morrison's  after lunch, it is about five minutes by car, but walking it was twenty five mins one way. Typical we spotted some yellow stickers, lucky I always carry some strong bags in my handbag.








The sausages have been bagged up into five's, and the chicken I can get three meals out of each. 




Meat when it is half the price is just to good to leave behind. 
The freezer is stuffed, my husband is in charge of packing the freezer, he packs it away and fits it in better than me. The stock gets rotated so we know exactly which drawer to use first.

I have been buying a plant every week up Morrison's today I found this one reduced.

Nothing wrong with it, just pulled off a few scruffy leaves, has lots of buds.

I do love plants.







So that was some £10.86 well spent, I am sure if I tried really hard we could live on £20 a week for groceries, I am going to monitor the supermarket spending closely again in March, but we have lots of food here and spent very little. So it's all good.


Just a reminder, if anyone else wants to do the Easter/Spring swap leave a comment on Feb 6th post.

23 comments:

  1. Well, you strike again! Bargains all around. Who could resist that pretty little plant for just 75 pence? A little tlc and it will revive and reward you for much longer yet.
    I'd love to say I could join in the swap, but it just isn't a good idea for me to commit to anything like that right now. I'm sure it will be great fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lucky person obviously. I'm Sur you could do a £20 food challenge. Tx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a think about a challange I will monitor next months closely x

      Delete
  3. Amazing bargains yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I popped into Morrison's in Neath at 4:00 this afternoon, there were a few reduced things but only by very small amounts. You did well there, a very good haul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was lucky it was only after lunch x

      Delete
  6. Brilliant bargains. I just love Morrison's plants as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you do it! I never seem to see any reduced labels, in any of the supermarkets I visit. Oh well.
    Lovely little pot plant you found there, corking price. :O) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to eat things up in my freezer as I've NO ROOM at all for bargains! This makes me sad and cross.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bargains again :-)

    I picked up a few yesterday, they had lots if chicken wings and thighs and those sausages but we dont eat those, but I managed some fresh fruit and veggies.. Every penny saved helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karen, every penny does count xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chickens were a great bargain, especially when there's only two of you, they can go a long way. I never find many bargains in Morrisons, I only ever see things in there reduced by a few pence, it's Tesco where I get most of my bargains, mind you, I shop in Tesco more as it's local so that's probably why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, we have most luck in Morrison's, we have to venture into town to get to Tesco so we try to avoid it, although we did go on Monday as our son wanted to go there x

      Delete
    2. I'm like Jo, have never found any yellow-stickered stock in Morrisons, perhaps I should try harder, the chickens were great value ! Happy hunting !

      Delete
    3. It's funny isn't it, I suppose it depends on your local store, and how much they sell x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.