Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Frugal Food


This weeks Frugal Food.

These were the ducks we got reduced for the freezer just after Christmas.
We had one roasted a few weeks back.
 On Monday I made Duck in Redcurrant sauce.





Yesterday leftover duck in a stir fry.



Today soup for tea, with bread.  I have lots of homemade in the freezer but I thought I would use this one up first. 19p bargain.



I have just rummaged and took this out for tommorow.






That was a fantastic bargain, I will add peppers, onion, mushroom and make a sausage plait, , the leftover will be eaten on Friday for tea.

I have had these Pears for about 3 weeks and they weren't ripening.

I also found a wrinkly Apple.


So I chopped it all up , added a few bits and poached them.




Perfect for breakfast with yogurt.



So this weeks food has cost very little.

17 comments:

  1. Excellent bargains! I love poached fruit with yogurt for breakfast xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you gets a weeks food that is full of flavours and different things for next to nothing.....and no waste! Well done, you have the money for a new house soon at this rate of saving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't have it any other way now, hubby and I make a good team hunting for bargains, he is well into as he can see how much we are saving x

      Delete
  3. I love to make a poached fruit compote for breakfast on my porridge, or a healthy pud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very frugal food :) 19p for soup is not to be sneezed at lol
    we can't have any of our usual stuff this week, we are living upstairs as we have builders in ripping the walls out, so we are just cooking quick easy food : ( I miss my kitchen lol
    ive never had poached fruit, I'm not entirely sure why, I must have some next week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the work gets done soon so you can get back to normal xx

      Delete
  5. Today's lunch for me was Manky veg soup from the freezer, mixed with some of the reduced slow cooked chicken and a tub of cooked pasta from the freezer. It was delicious!
    You'd never order it from a restaurant though! Oh yes please, I'll have the chicken pasta soup thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing what you can rustle up isn't it xx

      Delete
  6. Your sausage meat sounds fantastic, great bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a couple 9p that was my best bargain ever x

      Delete
  7. Great bargains! Poached fruit sounds yummy - I'm cringing at the amount of left over, slightly wrinkly fruit I've binned in the past!! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have all been guilty of throwing things out in the past, but I am a master at this money saving now, just look at it as throwing money away, stewed fruit, crumble, compote lots can be done with it , have you ever thought of writing a blog ? xxx

      Delete
  8. Hi, Yes I thought about it but I doubt anyone would be amused with my mundane ramblings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be surprised, I can't believe people read my waffle, it's a great little community x

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete