Tuesday, 26 January 2016

Welcome to my new followers Meg & Lee Ann.

We have been here for six months now and I have never been happy with my kitchen cupboards, so decided to give them a good sort and tidy.It is good to do this regularly just so you can remember what you have.

So here are my cupboards, all tidy and neat.




On the top shelf are last years, jams , marmalades, etc, I did not make that many due to moving, any thing I have made so far and the rest of this years preserves I am putting in the spare room in the storage, so I make sure the oldest ones get used first.





That is our Toad in the hole for tea tonight, baking in the oven.





Tommorow a few more cupboards and drawers to be sorted, and then tiles, doors and surfaces to have a really good clean.
 I am in Spring Cleaning mode, I would rather tidy and sort when the weather is not good.

On another note, I went up to Asda today, I saw this in the their free magazine.


I'm afraid I am not saving £144 with them just to get £6 free, I am not loyal to any supermarket, I have to shop around for the bargains and deals.

After Asda I popped into Home Bargains for a few store cupboard items, I spotted these.

I have always wanted to grow Lily of the Valley.
They were only £1.49.

20 comments:

  1. I had a big sort out of the cupboards and bought some storage containers so that I don't have split bags spilling out all over anymore. Its a good feeling to have a good sort out isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I do need to get some more big jars and containers.

      Delete
  2. I just did ours as well, January always makes me feel the need to do this, your cupboard looks very neat and tidy, I see many things we can't buy here in Canada,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too, I expect you have lots of nice things over there I would love in my cupboards.

      Delete
  3. Hubby did ours a short while ago. He can teach without a chair! I supervise;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I save with them as it's the most local one to us. Useful for the Christmas booze & treaty bits. It's nice to have a big clean isn't it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo yes it is, we are spoilt for choice here. I am in Spring Cleaning mode, I would rather do it now and be outside when the weather is nice.x

      Delete
  5. Well done! You have inspired me to get in my kitchen and clean all the cuoboard fronts - they certainly need it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, it is nice when everything is clean, tidy and organised x

      Delete
  6. I love having a sort out but I've been doing it since Christmas so I'm running out of cupboards to sort now ! Your lily of the valley will smell lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very organised x
      I hope the Lily of the Valley grows x

      Delete
  7. Much to my dismay, I have had lily of the valley for 35 years in my yard. The roots go to China, I'm sure. Unfortunately, because of the birds, it is now in my raspberry patch and completely choking them out. I've tried digging it out several times but it is like fighting a losing battle. The garden centre told me the only way to get rid of it is to use roundup!! The lily of the valley is so delicate and pretty but I would be very cautious as to where I put.
    Your cupboards look so neat and tidy, that's a job I have on my oh so long 'to do' list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice I am going to put it in a trough, as I want to take with me when we move again, thanks for the advice, x

      Delete
  8. A good idea to put your Lily of the Valley in a trough, Marlene. I love it but OH won't have any because it IS so invasive. Maybe a pot of them will be the way to go for me. Lovely neat cupboards too! I will clear and tidy mine next month once I've used up some of the stuff in there but all my cupboards need re-organizing, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My, you have been busy. Great organisation. We have Lily of the Valley here and they are in a bed on their own. They do spread but look and smell wonderful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like think I am very organised, it does help to run the house efficiently, I have planted the Lily of the Valley in there own pots. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I love lily of the valley. All of my attempts to introduce it to the garden have failed. I'd be happy if the supermarkets sold little bouquets of them, I'd buy them whatever the price. Such a beautiful flower.

    I need to get some decluttering and reorganising done in my kitchen cupboards too. They are getting so messy again. You've inspired me, I will put it on my To Do list this week :o) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to see them in a bouquet as well, good luck with the kitchen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.