Sunday, 17 January 2016

Welcome to my new follower Laurie.

At last, I managed to get my Kilner Butter Churner today.










Just so you have an idea of the size.



They are usually priced at £16.99 in Dunelm, but in the sale it was £13.59, I also got the Butter Paddles, these are usually £4.99 but are in the sale for £3.99.





We had a £20 Dunelm gift card given to us at Christmas, we still had a little bit left to spend so I got a Herb Cutter, I have wanted one of these for a while, so all we had to spend was £1.57.

Some more useful things for the kitchen.



 Now all I need to do is get some cream when I find it reduced.
When I  do I will make a little video and let you know what I think of it.


22 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Look forward to seeing how well it works. I used to get the kids to make it by shaking cream in jam jars but they soon worked out it wasn't as 'fun' as I told them it was lol
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jam jar method works well but it is hard work x

      Delete
  2. I've never attempted butter making - but have definitely in my previous un-frugal life chucked gallons of cream away!! I look forward to seeing your video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, how exciting! I didn't know you could buy small versions of these. I want one too now! Be interested to see how you get on :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you can't wait to get your hands on some yellow sticker cream to practice with your churner. I can't wait to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will be on the lookout next week x

      Delete
  5. wow, some lovely gadgets!! My Mum made our butter when we had cows, it tastes so much different than store bought,, I tried making it a few years ago but its not often cream is on sale and other than onsale it was more pricey here to make home made sadly,,,
    I have always wanted a herb cutter like that,, I would see Nigella using it and think how very posh it looked lol,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Nigella, I said to hubby Nigella uses a herb cutter x

      Delete
  6. I love it and can't wait to see you making your own butter, so rewarding xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl it is and it tastes lovely x

      Delete
  7. I am so looking forward to seeing how this works out. Here's hoping you find some reduced cream soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting, I'm going to wait to see how you get on before I buy one. Butter paddles too - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, I love new things for the kitchen, I would look for cheap cream this week, x

      Delete
  9. Very interesting, I love vouchers, you can get what you really want.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, that looks exciting! Can't wait until you get started! X

    ReplyDelete