Friday, 29 January 2016


Other than cleaning the fridge and cooker my deep clean in the kitchen is done, yesterday afternoon I thought I would relax and rustle up a few cards.
Thankyou Fiona lucys-cottage.blogspot.co.uk for giving me the idea of using magazine cuttings for card making, something I would never have thought of.
It is a good way to recycle, I rarely buy magazines, but we have lots of local free glossy publications so I will have a good look through them next time.

Here are four which used magazine cuttings.







Then I just made a few simple ones.









I am not really very good at crafts, but I do enjoy making cards, it is very relaxing.

I will be cheating next week I have some wildlife kits coming, so looking forward to making them up.


If like me you like your houseplants, Morrisons plant of the week are "Pot Mums" for £1.00, they have a variety of colours, I chose one of these for a change.



I do love plants and flowers around the house, but only buy them when I spot a good deal.

Lovely.



14 comments:

  1. LOVE your cards Marlene, well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that owl card the best, you'll soon have enough for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I d love the Owl he looks so regal. What a great idea to use magazine photos and what lovely cards you've made from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards, I like simple ones, they look so smart. Your nice plant should last for ages. I popped a parcel in the post to you today xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marlene I think simple is always best. I might get another plant in a different colour next week a bargain for £1.00, thankyou I will let you know when the parcel arrives, thankyou so much xx

      Delete
  5. What a great idea for cards & you've made some lovely ones x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo not my idea, but it is a very good idea, something I will do again, xx

      Delete
  6. Your card makes are really lovely, Marlene, and your plant a real bargain. BTW thanks for the pointer to the program on sugar, I was out that night but want to try to find it and catch up later. It's so hard giving sugar up :/ x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, the programme is called Sugar Free Farm it was on Itv there are going to be 4 episodes in total, x

      Delete
  7. The snow scene card is my favourite. I'm a house plant serial killer! Can't keep them alive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Rachel, how do you kill them, do you over water or under water?

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.