Friday, 22 January 2016

I was meant to be posting my video on the Kilner Butter Churner today. It all started off well, but after a few minutes something wasn't right, whilst the handle was meant to be turning the mechanism it kept missing and starting making an awful noise, we knew something wasn't right, we must have picked up a faulty one, very disappointed, we are going to take it back and get a refund.

Hubby finished making the  butter by the jam jar method.





I made him a nice cheese and pickle sandwich for lunch using some of the butter.

I had to laugh he said it was very nice, but just a shame it nearly killed him making the butter .


Disappointing.

Never Mind.. Moving On...

Today the weather is much milder, but a few days ago it was extremely cold.








Still not much action on the birds, we did get one new visitor.





I have named this pigeon Percy, he was coming around regularly and looking for food on the ground under the bird table, I thought if I put some seed in a dish it might encourage other visitors in, there are now a few blackbirds which visit daily.




I have seen the Goldfinches over the fence, but they still haven't ventured in.




Now remember the dolls house I got from freecycle.



Hubby has done some work on it. The inside just needs re decorating.





But I have decided this one and and also this  purple which just needs decorating inside will be moved on , because I found something else.




I spotted an ad on Gumtree.

This was someone's project which they never completed.

It is really big, it was only £20, lots of ideas for this one.









Note to myself, I must resist the temptation to by any more ( but I can't see that not happening).



24 comments:

  1. Dolls houses are very addictive, I will sort the rugs is weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those dolls' houses!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame about the churner. Still, the butter looks tasty.
    What beautiful photos of the frosty subjects ! We didn't have one itty bitty frost yet.
    To my shame I have to admit to not putting out any bird feed this winter. The bird table gets blasted by horizontal rain, making all the seeds wet, and all the 'hanging' stuff gets blown away to god knows where. I'll have to find a more sheltered spot, which is a mission in itself.
    Remember what I told you about the doll houses ?
    The latest one is a stunner though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patricia, I have always loved birds watching but we are bang in the city, if we were on the outskirts or more rural I think we would have more luck. Yes I do remember what you said about the dolls houses :-)

      Delete
  4. Such a shame about the churner. We have had a couple of frosts but nothing serious. LOVE both the dolls houses, what great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just hate that. You buy something you've always wanted and it's turns out to faulty. The problem is it happens all too often these days. Love the photos. I don't like frost but love the formations it makes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its not been good for me lately first the bread maker and now the butter churner.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes it was very cold, but its turning milder at last x

      Delete
  7. what a shame the butter churn never worked :( i use my manual food processor when i make it, apparently you can do it in the bread machine on the quick mix setting but i am yet to try it out, as i am waiting to get a bargain on cream :)

    I love the work your hubby did on the dolls house, it looks very smart xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a good idea, thanks for the comment on the house, I will let hubby know x

      Delete
  8. well, you gave it a try,, thats all you can do,,
    I love doll houses, I had one and enjoyed working on it but gave it away when we moved,, it truly has become an art form, the things people make for their doll house are incredible,,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I did, never mind,I am looking forward to making the Dolls house special x

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a shame the butter churner didn't work, very disappointing for you.
    Gorgeous frosty photos! lovely.
    that dolls' house is gorgeous. I love it. :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was disappointing, never mind.
      I love taking photos I want to get out and about more this year and get snapping x

      Delete
  11. Oh such a shame about the butter churner & I see you have a new hobby on the go! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, dolls houses are the new hobby x

      Delete
  12. I have made butter using a kitchen mixer, just keep on beating the cream. Your method looks much more fun and no power cost, I hope you have no trouble getting the Kilner jar churner replaced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs S, I have decided not to bother they did give me a refund, I will use the mixer instead x

      Delete
  13. What a lovely blog you have. Your photos do justice to the beauty of nature.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou what a lovely thing to say x

      Delete