Thursday, 14 January 2016

Hello & Welcome to my new follower Thrifty.

Yesterday I decided I would go and have a little potter in the greenhouse.

I planted the Dahlias which I got the other day, it did say plant Feb - May, but I don't suppose planting a few weeks early makes any difference.







Then I repotted a couple of Buddleias.




Then a general tidy up.






I must try and save as many plastic pots and trays as possible, so I don't have to buy any.


Outside
Signs of the garden waking up.





The Camelia is ready to burst open.





Back indoors.

A quick look at my seeds.





I really don't need to buy any thing .
I will be planting beans, peas, beetroot, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, radishes, lots of tomatoes, salad leaves etc.


Everytime I walk past the Hyacinth's, I can't resist a sniff, they smell gorgeous.




I popped up Asda yesterday afternoon, I found these tea light holders for 30p each in the sale.

They brighten up the kitchen , I have also ordered more fairy lights.







I was also lucky to find Christmas wrap for next year.

20p per roll.



Buying things out of season saves so much.


16 comments:

  1. I love an after Christmas bargain, wrapping paper, cards and crackers. Most of the expensive things on my tree are purchased in January at half price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the paper the other day, but it was 50p, waiting paid off x

      Delete
    2. Waiting does pay! My local Sainsrobbers had frozen turkeys half price last week, I admit I looked and was tempted...but I didn't. This week, half price again! Frozen bronze free range turkey - mine for £6!!!

      Delete
  2. I am terrible for planting my seeds far too early. They they hang around on the windowsills for weeks until the weather is mild enough to put them outside. I am trying to hold off doing that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the January sales and buying the paper and such saves an absolute fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the paper I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I've got 12 more cards to make and I've got the personal Christmas cards done. I've got all but one persons birthday presents too. All at sale prices. It becoming an addition though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is so sensible, it just saves so much money, and we love that don't we xx

      Delete
  5. There have been brilliant prices at the sales this year. I got cards and paper for pence! Our local garden centre has a pot recycle bin. They encourage people to donate and put in their unneeded pots and they put in their unused ones of all sizes.I love having a good rummage and it saves me money and time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right. If you can be bothered to rootle about in Christmas stuff at this time of year, there are corking bargains to be had.
    You've been a busy bee in the garden. Love hyacinths. I'm like you, can't resist having a little inhale every time I walk past them :O) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie every little helps as the saying goes, xx

      Delete
  7. Just bought some of the candle holders, bargain for 30p each x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Jane, they are and so pretty, I wish I had picked up some of the red ones as well to keep for Christmas x

      Delete