Tuesday, 29 December 2015

Oops, it started off with this one......


Which has started to be restored.





Then I saw another free one, I told the lady only offer it to me if there wasn't any one else interested. But there wasn't.

This is only a cheaper one from Asda but it is wooden, part of the roof is missing.







I have been looking on Ebay for collection only/ nearest first, we had to drive 25 miles to pick this one up, but it only cost £10 and it was expensive to start with.










The spare room is turning into my dolls house room.
Hubby is doing all the outside work and anything which needs fixing inside, I am doing all the interior design. It's going to take a while, I will wait until I can find the right things at the right price.


This is my new hobby, I will be keeping them for a while and maybe moving them on and replacing them and eventually I will end up with something really magnificent.

I have always wanted to get into the property market, well I suppose this is a start .

12 comments:

  1. oh they are amazing :) i've said it before but i do miss my old doll's house :( i adore miniature things :) would you like me to crochet some things in miniature for it? such as rugs, blankets etc i could do with another project ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya that is a very generous offer,but I have fabrics, samples etc which I will be using, thankyou so much anyway, if I need anything I will give you a shout, Marlene x

      Delete
  2. Ai Ai Ai ! I feel a slippery slope coming on ! Haha.
    Can't wait to see the results and the progress you make. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me to, I will do these 3 up first before I go any further x

      Delete
  3. How many do you have now? I see a lucrative 'open house' in someone's future! Have you read Tasha Tudor's "Dollhouse A Lifetime in Miniature"? You could almost set up a sister blog just for the doll houses and work you do. Okay, I know, I'm full of bright ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah, I have added the Tasha Tudor book to my Amazon wishlist, thankyou.
      Another blog, you have got me thinking about that one, I will see how everything goes x

      Delete
  4. Ooh lovely. Hope you post lots of pics as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might I suggest if you love doll's houses (or doll's houses) to take a look at the book Magnificent Miniatures by Kevin Mulvany & Susie Rogers. You will be impressed, I am sure, by the doll's houses within! Seriously, doll's houses are gorgeous - their history is interesting: originally they were made for the wealthy, as miniatures of their own homes, a gentleman's plaything with which to impress his guests, similarly to Cabinets of Curiosity. Eventually, they became educational models for the daughters of the nobility and the gentry, so that they could be instructed in how to manage a household. It is only in more recent times that they have become playthings for (mainly) little girls, or the little girls in all of us, so that we can change furniture around to our heart's content. There is also a Shire Book on doll's houses (although I suspect it might now be out of print.)
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Margaret I have added the book to my Amazon Wish list. It looks very interesting.
      Marlene x

      Delete
  6. Wow! Gorgeous dolls houses! I am envious but I know we simply don't have room for even one :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie it will take a while to do them up, but I'm in no rush x

      Delete