Sunday, 27 December 2015

First of all welcome to my new follower Rainbowchild.

I hope you have all had a wonderful few days.

I had some lovely Christmas gifts. 

I had cash, gift cards, lush bath bombs, lovely jewellery, luxury chocolates, books etc. Really pleased, love them all.

We have had a lovely few days, still busy eating through the Turkey.


In December we tried not to put too much in the freezer as we were hoping to get some good meat bargains after Christmas, we have decided to pop up the Supermarket every day until the new year.


I know I am lucky with the yellow stickers but I think I will have to do it at better times, today we got there just at the right time.


Two trays of Roasting Veg 19p each, I will be making Roasted Veg Soup with these.




Peaches 19p 






2 x packs of Cod, 2 x pieces in each, 99p


Mini Sausages and Mini Yorkshires, 19p
Beef Skirt 79p


Pancakes 9p, Naan Breads 29p


The first time I have found a Chicken for 99p and it's an extra large one.

Pork , Apple and Cranberry stuffing only 9p, I shall use this to make Sausage Plaits.


Some Desserts 9p.

Not bad for £5.17

I shall have to try harder to go at the right time.

So thats several main meals.

Soup.


4 fish suppers.

Beef Stew

Sausage Casserole

2 Sausage Plaits

And the Chicken which I can really Stretch.







15 comments:

  1. A chicken for 99p - unbelievable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great haul, well done. I did a quick trip and filled the freezer with veg soup packs for 15p a pack each of which will make 4 meals. enough to see me through January and into February. I am well pleased with the thought of eating well for pennies a day. I have saved all the stock and the meat has been chopped and frozen in portions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, you can't go wrong with soup, and like you say the thought of eating for pennies is great, x

      Delete
  3. Great bargains. We got a load of fancy bread on Christmas eve. Todsy I got Brussel sprouts for 9p. We've hardly eaten anything so I don't have the room or the inclination to buy anything else really. You do very well Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, this has to be the way to go for us in the future as we need to save more. I didn't see any cheap sprouts, if I did I would have got them, I love them x

      Delete
  4. Wow! Great bargains, the chickens in our branch were reduced but only to £2.50 x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness me....what fabulous bargains you got. I am never that lucky there only ever seems to be reduced veg but not much in the way of meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to save the freezer for reduced meat, x

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. goodness 99p what a bargain! i'm pleased you had a good Christmas , ours was nice and quiet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thankyou, hopefully I will get lots more this week x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.