Thursday, 3 December 2015

.


Other than a few pesky Starlings which I don't allow on the table, still no more visitors, apart from the little Robin, he is getting use to seeing us out and about in the garden, he is in and out all day getting his mealworms and watches me put them out.



I spotted some Goldfinches in the neighbours garden, so one day hopefully they will stop by.








 I have had a quiet week really, lacking energy because I am so tired, and not getting much sleep, (damn the menopause and night sweats)


I have tidied up the kitchen cupboards.








Yesterday we popped up to the town, found a few  more games for us to play at Christmas, £3.50 for the two dvd games from the charity shop, 

A new Cluedo which was £11.33.



The only other purchases I made where from Tiger, some lovely ribbon for my Christmas cake, and 50m of gold , 50m of silver string. These were all £1.00 each, the string is handy for when I recycle the christmas cards and make tags after christmas.


 Whilst typing this the postman has just been.

Look what he brought me.

I won this Scarf in Thrift Deluxe's giveaway, and received a lovely card with it, thankyou so much I love scarves and will make good use of it.




Some more vouchers from doing surveys, I will be putting these towards buying the Logo game for us to play at Christmas.






This morning I made a start on the decorations, I don't usually do it so early, but it is so gloomy and miserable a bit of glitz is needed.

So I decorated the sideboard.







I think I will get the Christmas tree out now.

12 comments:

  1. Robin looks so proud in the tree!
    Your cupboards are all nice & tidy, and I love your start of Christmas. I've still barely done anything, but keep reminding self that it's only the 3rd December!

    Tiger ribbon is so good. I've got such a great stash of it now, at £1 a go I buy one or two each time I visit!
    Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank s Sadie, making a start has cheered me up, I will do the same with the ribbons, and build up a stash, the sleeping is a problem, I shall have to start having a afternoon nap, x

      Delete
  2. Wow you put my cupboards to shame. Love the decorations. I will be doing the same when I get up tomorrow. Last night shift tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for you, would love to see your decorations, x

      Delete
  3. I don't decorate this early either, but since all my bright orange, red, and yellow Autumn arrangements came down on Sunday it looks bare and I need the big light on to brighten the gloomy days, so I might start with some lights dotted around.
    Enjoy spending your vouchers. Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes it more cheery,I will buy more lights in the sales after Christmas, as I would love them all year round, x

      Delete
  4. I think all my visiting birds have found a better food supply elsewhere. I love starlings though. The way they strut their stuff really makes me laugh
    Apparently they are on the red conservation list. Bad news for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, poor things I never knew that.

      Delete
  5. I'm envious of your tidy kitchen cupboards. I really should make a start on mine before I get a few extra Christmas goodies in. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, I do the kitchen cupboards regularly then at least I know what's in them x

      Delete
  6. Nice to have a peep into your cupboards :) I visited Tiger for the first time last week, we may have bought one or two things!

    I love starlings, they're so beautiful and cheeky. There were always thousands on and around the bridge across the river when I was little, amazing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya apparently the starlings are in decline.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.