Friday, 18 December 2015


As I live about five minutes drive away from two of the big supermarkets, I wasn't going to bake bread, but I have now changed my mind.

In between shops it is so easy just to pop out for bread and then come back with other things.

I spotted a Kenwood Bread Maker on Freecycle and was lucky enough to get it.







Really pleased in good condition, not really used that much, it came with a recipe book, there was no instructions so I found them online and printed them out.

Now I just need to get some Bread Flour and Yeast in.
If anyone can recommend any I would appreciate it.


Also another Freecycle freebie yesterday was this big fan, you can adjust the height.




Even darling son got in on the act, he has come home now for Christmas, he let us know they had some desks and filing cabinets free to a good home at the Uni, so we came back with a filing cabinet. We are lucky to have four bedrooms here, so it is in the spare room.

Very useful storage.



So very lucky yesterday.

22 comments:

  1. gosh, you really do very well with Freecycle. Word of warning. I know many who've gained a lot of weight within weeks of getting a bread maker! They could not stop eating fresh baked bread slathered in butter. Be warned! Enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, I will be ok, I don't eat much any way, x

      Delete
  2. My best results from breadmaker was when I used some Waitrose own brand flour. I use Aldi now and have to say it is very good. I only wish it had the British flag on it as I like to buy British. Freecycle is really good. Sometimes thre is nothing good for ages and then it all comes along at once. Enjoy your finds:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no contest between shop bought bread and homemade in my opinion. What a bargain too on the bread maker :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Doves Farm yeast and Waitrose flour but I know they aren't the cheapest option but I have the best results with them.
    I never use the quick option as I've never had good results from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for your valuable input, Janipi has also said about the Waitrose flour x

      Delete
  5. What excellent finds, our local freecycle gets things snapped up so quickly. Enjoy your homebred bread xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have to be quick on freecycle, x

      Delete
  6. I used to have a breadmaker, eons ago. I've always used plain flour (to which I add, or wholemeal, or rye, or...) and dried yeast for bread.
    Soon after acquiring the machine I started using it only for kneading and the baking happened in the oven. I batch bake, so it wasn't convenient for me to do a whole cycle.
    When the machine went kaput we replaced it with a Kenwood.
    A breadmaker is perfect if you're only with one or two people, though. You'll always have tasty bread at your command. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be handy, hubby eats bread everyday. I just have some a few times a week. X

      Delete
  7. you got some corkers there! Love the idea of a bread maker, the smell of fresh bread every day .. pure heaven!
    :O) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh fantastic! i'm so pleased you got one :) i have bread on the go as we speak, luckily there is only 5 minutes left haha :) i've also got my early christmas pressie off the hubby to use, a bread slicing guide, at the bargain price of £2 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby cut s the bread here as I always mess it up, x

      Delete
  9. You have some great finds here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is getting addictive, but I only have it if I really want it or need it x

      Delete
  10. A bit late with my reply, I always use Doves yeast and also their strong bread flour, perfect results every time.

    ReplyDelete