Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Another Christmas Make Ahead

Today I made some Sausage and Chestnut Stuffing balls for the freezer.
This made rather a lot as I like to make extra , so  I can just grab a few when I am doing a roast in the future, saves time and energy which is all good. Anyway heres the recipe.

400 g Sausage Meat
180g of Chestnuts, ( mine were all ready prepared)
1 large Onion
180g Breadcrumbs
1 tbsp of fresh chopped Parsley
2 tbsp of fresh chopped Sage
2 eggs beaten
Salt and Pepper.





Dice the Onion and the Chestnuts.
Then place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix everything together.

Form into balls an open freeze, then bag up and pop back into the freezer.









I had some leftover Double Cream from the Weekend, so I decided to make it into butter.

Most Frugal bloggers will know how to do this, but for those who don't here's how I did it.

Pour your cream into a jar, you need a jar which is big enough for the cream to move around.

Shake vigorously, it was hard work, this took me a good 10 mins, eventually the cream will form a lump and you will have lots of liquid which is the buttermilk.


You can save the buttermilk and use for Scones or something else.

This is what you are left with, give it a really good rinse in very cold water.




Add a pinch of Salt if you wish and then shape.





Really easy.



14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I have to confess I have never ever made stuffing. It sounds incredibly easy. Another year (when we are hopefully not in the middle of sorting out flood chaos) I will channel my inner Nigella and give it a go. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the time Christmas is here you'll have so much done that you'll only have to heat and eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. making butter sounds so easy and fun. I should do it with Violet one day, she'd get such a kick out of it!
    stuffing looks good. I'm going to whisper this, but I just use a packet of paxo! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes she would love it, I am not always a domestic goddess, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your organisation is very impressive...and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stuffing balls sound and look great. I bought sausagemeat and then veered off and made sausage rolls out of it which were yummy! Oops :(
    Making butter is on my bucket list so will have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I did the sausage rolls for the freezer the other day, the butter was nice.

      Delete
  7. oohhh I've never tried chestnut stuffing, it sounds delicious :) i still haven't planned what we are having for Christmas dinner, but hopefully that will change this afternoon when we go food shopping :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never tried it, but I think it will be nice, are you having Turkey? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we finally picked up a fat turkey leg and thigh today for £4.12 which is more than enough for just me and the hubby :) picked up a few bits of veg and two christmas pud at 2 for £1 from our local bargain shop :) xx

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.