Saturday, 28 November 2015

Welcome back to Chickpea, thanks for following me again.

Our son hasn't visited for a few weeks but he is coming over for afternoon tea, staying the night and having Sunday Lunch with us.

A few bakes I made yesterday evening.

These are simple things which I make often.



CHOCOLATE CHIP SHORTBREAD


125g Plain Flour
110g Unsalted Butter
55g Caster Sugar
20g Semolina
55g Milk Chocolate Chips
Pinch of Salt


Heat the oven to 150 c or eqivalent.

Cream the butter and the sugar, until light and fluffy, add the flour, semolina, salt and chocolate chips. Mix together to form a dough.

Press the mixture into a greased sandwich tin, prick it all over with a fork. 

Bake for 30 to 40 mins, until just very slightly brown.


Remove from the oven and cut into slices while still warm and then sprinkle with some extra sugar. Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.



Hubby and I did have a piece each last night with some coffee, very nice, I love Shortbread






FLORENTINES


50g Demerara Sugar
50g Butter
50g Plain Flour
50g Golden Syrup
25g finely chopped Glace Cherries
50g Mixed Peel
50g of Nuts - chopped finely- any you like I used Walnuts and Almonds
200g of Milk or Plain Chocolate


Set the oven to 180 c or equivalent.

Line a couple of baking sheets.

Put the butter , sugar, syrup into a small pan and heat gently until the butter has melted.

Remove from the heat, stir in the flour followed by the fruit and nuts.

Stir well and place tablespoons of the mixture  on your baking tray, leave plenty of room as the mixture spreads.

Bake for about 10 mins, or until golden brown, leave to cool on the trays for a few minutes before removing them, this lets them harden them a bit but also allows to remove easily.

Then just cover with melted chocolate.

A really simple recipe and they taste amazing.








I will also be making Easy Strawberry Cheescake later, I will post that recipe next time.



On another note if you like your wines Morrison's are doing boxes of 6 bottles for £20. 

Which works out at about £3.33 a bottle which is not bad at all, I couldn't see them on the website though, we had no intention on buying any yesterday, but as soon as we walked in the door the Managers were stacking them high, we only drink about 2 maybe 3 bottles a month if we push the boat out . We bought a case of white and then a Blossom Hill Rose. As Hubby pointed out you have to stock up when there's a good offer, bless him, he is turning into a bargain hunter like me.

I also thought this was very good.

4 packs for £3.00. About 19p per bar.



Not sure if it was just a black friday thing, but they were also doing 7p off a litre of fuel when you spend £40 or more, which was lucky because we fill up the end of every month.

Right off to make this cheescake now.

10 comments:

  1. Love home made shortbread and yours looks so good I'm tempted to bake some myself this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to looking forward to having some more, lovely with a cuppa x

      Delete
  2. I love shortbread and I'm making some myself this afternoon. Our weather here is awful again so it will keep me busy as I'm not going out. Enjoy your time with your son. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules I like to keep busy in the kitchen as well, the weather is so dull and gloomy, we will enjoy our family time , thankyou.

      Delete
  3. I think I'll have a go at florentines and shortbread. I'm so knackered as work is horrendously busy the moment. First shift in a row of seven finishing Friday morning off nights. Love florentines but I have to make them a little soft or I'd have no teeth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, poor you I remember that feeling when I did the nightshift, these Florentines aren't that hard really xx

      Delete
  4. that's it, that is absolutely it. I'm moving in. Scrummy goodies & a stock of wine? Get me a room ready! ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wine is sitting in the spare room so you will be alright xxx

      Delete
  5. I made a tray of the shortbread for Francesca to take back to London. Then we made a pot of tea.....then I made another shortbread. yum

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.