Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Today I have been busy preparing for Christmas.

All cards have been written, the ones which need posting have second class stamps on and will be posted at the start of December.

The courier has collected two parcels this morning to be sent to family, I am doing everything early so it doesn't get caught up and lost in the December mayhem, I have a few more send next week. 
We are off up the town tommorow to get the last of the presents.



I have wrapped all the presents for the Twelve Days of Christmas which I am doing with fellow blogger Jo.

I even decided to do the Christmas cake.

I used the mixed fruit from Aldi, which had a really good mix of fruits, Sultana's, Raisins, Currants, Pineapple, Cranberries, Apricots and Mixed Peel, it looked really nice.



I soaked it in a little Brandy, I will also feed it some more over the next few weeks.


I had to send Hubby out of the kitchen, he loves fruit cake and was ready to dive in.

So with the rest of the shopping to do tommorow, and a few more decorations to buy, all we will need to do is a bit of food shopping for the big day, we are not going overboard, just keeping it simple.

So how are your preparations going?

11 comments:

  1. I've not done anything for Christmas yet! I've been saving in a jar though and am opening it about a week before Christmas and that's when my shopping will be done. I usually leave it til well into December and every year wish I'd done it earlier!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do a savings jar next year, had a bit of a manic year x

      Delete
  2. you are doing well!
    Not doing too badly myself. Almost all pressies bought, I don't send many cards but I'll organise the ones we do send soon. I take a pic of Violet, then either print them out and turn into cards myself, or upload to Moonpig and let them do the work. This way, family get cards complete with an up to date photo of Violet.
    My outdoor lights are in place (hurrah, did it yesterday and today it's rainy and now turning windy), gb houses made, one more to do. So yep. Getting there!
    :O)
    x

    p.s may I ask where you do your surveys? I registered with Panelbase.net, they pay for surveys, you can either be paid in vouchers or cash transferred to the bank account by BACS. Just curious if you are with them or someone else. Hope you don't mind me asking :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sadie I thought I would make/print out some cards next year from winter photos I take, I just haven't had time to do much with moving and getting organised here. Lights are a big favourite part of Christmas for me, I have decided I would like to have some fairy lights all year round in the kitchen.

    The surveys - I use Valued Opinions, Panelbase, yoursaypays.com, vivatic.com, prolificacademic, populuslive, tickbox.net, it takes a while to build up , I have done well throughout the year, it all helps. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marlene, you are organised. I can't do anything else until payday unless I see an unbelievable offer and it will have to go on the plastic and be paid back straight away. I can't wait to put my tree up to shed some twinkle in this doom and gloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are doing really well , I am going to decorate early this year x

      Delete
  5. Wow you are doing so well. My Presents done and wrapped, Decorations going up. Starting to declutter house a bit for tree to fit in. And I made my first Christmas fruit cake Sunday. The only thing I am avoiding are my cards. I have shop bought ones, but I feel I need to do my own just need to think off a design. Your cake looks great.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosezeeta, I have done it all early to get it out of the way, I have to buy a few more decorations and then I will make a start the 1st of December, I love decorating the house. I will make cards next year when I have more time. I had to steer hubby away from the cake, he was tempted x

      Delete
  6. Go you! I am determined to get organised now. Your cake looks delicious. I don't bother with one now as no one here really likes fruit cake. I've finished my decorations - at last! Mainly thanks to the bad weather we've been having. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules please let us see what you have made x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.