Sunday, 29 November 2015

Quick Cheesecake


Hello and welcome to my new follower Jane.

This is a quick version of cheescake, simple to make.





200g digestives crumbled
90
g butter
400g full fat soft cheese
Can of condensed Milk
200g of Strawberries
2 heaped Tbsp Strawberry Jam
Juice of 1 lemon


Melt the butter and stir into the biscuit crumbs. Put in the fridge to chill for about 1/2 hour.

Put the condensed milk into a bowl add the cream cheese, whisk until starting to thicken then add the lemon juice, continuing whisking until really thick, it took a good five minutes in my mixer.

Cut the strawberries in half, and the jam and give a good stir, spoon over the top.

That's is very quick and easy.







10 comments:

  1. ooh, hello, now you're talking. I love cheesecake! I echo my comment from yesterday, totally moving in. Sweet goodies, wine in the spare room - it's just perfect! ;o) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sadie, Cheesecake is my all time favourite, like most things homemade is always nicer x

      Delete
    2. Cheesecake is my favourite too with fresh cream on the side. Well if your worried about calories you shouldn't be eating cheesecake in the first place. ;0)

      Delete
    3. Being good in the week means having a treat at the weekend with out worrying about calories, I don't count calories, you know what they say a little bit of what you fancy xx

      Delete
  2. That looks so good and I adore cheesecake. Haven't made it for years so I'll be over with a plate and spoon real soon ~ not joking, the way the wind is howling I think I'll be there in five minutes a la Mary Poppins or Piglet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be welcome Deb, the wind is the same here x

      Delete
  3. Now you're talking. I can't keep up though. I've just made shortbread following yesterdays temptations. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try that quick recipe as soon as I can go and buy biscuits and cheese, but I'll use raspberries and a raspberry quickjel over the top...............mouth watering at the thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue I just used the Supermarket basic cream cheese from Morrisons at 52 p a pack, I needed 2 of them, I like the idea of quickjel, never thought of that one.

      Delete