Monday, 23 November 2015

Gotcha

Well as you know before we moved we had lots of birds come in to our garden, it is one of my favourite things, just to sit and watch them.


These pictures are from the old house.








Since we have moved to the town, they don't seem to want to come in to our garden, we have had one very sick goldfinch turn up one day,never saw him again, and the my favourite bird the Robin comes in occasionally and sits on the fence. I saw him on the table yesterday, and today I have seen him on the table three times, I was well pleased, also I saw a little Wren, so hopefully now it is getting colder they will flock to our garden.





Apologies for the blurry picture, had to snap him quick before he went again.

There he is,  made my day.




14 comments:

  1. Maybe the people who lived there before didn't feed the birds and given a little time they will flock in to the feast you offer them. Let's hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they didn't feed them and they had six cats.

      Delete
  2. Yay! So pleased for you. I'm sure they'll come, once they know the food supply is reliable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep persevering and hanging food out, once they know there's a food source and that it's a safe environment they'll be flocking to your garden. I have one of those window feeders, it took a while for the birds to use it but now I get all sorts of birds on it, even the starlings use it. It's lovely seeing the birds so close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My garden birds haven't been for weeks. The fat balls all went mouldy as did the bread. I persevered but still no garden birds....on the plus side I've had seagulls today! The nearest coast is about 80 miles away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am the same, keep throwing away and putting out fresh.

      Delete
  5. It took a very long time for us to entice birds into the garden, but I just stuck with it and now we have plenty of regular visitors. They will come to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good news a Chaffinch turned up today x

      Delete
  6. They will come eventually, Marlene, no wonder they are a little nervous if the previous tenants had SIX cats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great, it so cold outside now we are topping our feeders up more & more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo we use to spend a small fortune feeding them, but they give so much pleasure x

      Delete