Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Total spend so far £63.86.

Total left for the month £36.14


Spends since last update.





I buy several types of butter for different things Bertolli for sanwiches or toast. Utterly Butterly or I can't believe its not butter for general baking and block butter salted and unsalted for baking.

Total spend £21.14

£15.00 left.



Then I spent £3.00 on veg from the carboot.
Some more milk 75p.

Then this...





So only 28p left and 10 days to go.

So clearly I am not going to be able to do it, will still record the rest of my spending until the end of the month.

What ever the outcome, I am not spending like I use to, we are living off bargain meat and fish.

The freezer is still packed so really I could have done without buying any more meat and fish this month, but I like to keep the freezer fully stocked, I rotate the stock regularly.

Even if I spend up to £120 a month it is still a big improvement, It will help when the garden produces something for us to eat as well.

Note to myself - Try a little harder.
Freebies and Couponing.

I got a £1 coupon off facebook, so this 350g block of cheese cost me only £1.

The butter with a £1 coupon cost me 60p.





Only a few freebies.

I emailed teapigs to see if they had any samples of their fruit teas for me to try as I am getting back into drinking them again, so far the Twinnings ones are my favourites.

The Coffee pods came from a freebie site, we don't have a machine but I have done this before I take the coffee out of the pods put in a jug pour over the hot water and then strain as you would with loose tea with a tea strainer.

So 6 free drinks here.


14 comments:

  1. You're getting good at picking up the bargains, your freezer must be jam packed, I bet you could live off that next month. We have a Tassimo coffee machine, I don't drink coffee but I bought the machine for Mick one Christmas and it's one of the best presents I've ever bought him as he uses it every day. The pods are quite expensive though, I've never seen any free samples on offer for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, yes we could, I am going to try harder next month, we had a Tassimo it was a gift for our son, he has taken to Uni now, but I have never seen a Tassimo freebie x

      Delete
  2. I think I need to trail round the shops after you, our Asda never seems to have many or any 'oops' when we go, must be the wrong time of day maybe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go at various times, afternoons are good x

      Delete
  3. Great yellow sticker stuff and other bargains. You it's have quite a store building up. The fact you've reduced your I'll at all without feeling the pinch is a success in itself. Economising and retaining a decent lifestyle too is the key to success and getting stuff cheaper or free is the key. You are an expert at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania, we seem to eat well, xx

      Delete
  4. Your getting some fab bargains, I never seem to hit the supermarket at the right time! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have done really well! even if it is a little over you have still stocked the freezer, so you'l probably spend a little less next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Despite your overspend, I think you are doing incredibly well at this. I wish my weekly spend was below £60. You are becoming very aware of the areas you need to target and I am sure you will achieve your goal {but maybe not in December, depends how much you spend on Christmas, lol} Look forward to seeing how you progress. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose these days £100 isn't a lot, even if I allow £150 a month I would be happy with that x
      You say you spent below £60,how many people was that for ? x

      Delete
  7. Some great bargains there, Marlene. With the forecasted snow and hard winter it's probably better to keep your freezer well stocked now to save worrying later if the snow does materialise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard lots of people say its going to be a hard winter, all I need to get in maybe would be some longlife milk x

      Delete