Monday, 28 September 2015

What beautiful weather we are having, gives it nice here all week, I have spent the morning cleaning and washing, we will be going for a nice walk shortly.

I have been thinking about my grocery challenge, I check a couple of freebie sites daily and coupon sites, so I thought I should do a bit more of this. I have done a bit in the past but I always lived to far from the supermarkets to make the most of it. Now if I find a coupon and it is something we can use I find out where the product is on offer, then you can get it at a really low price or even free, sometimes there is a print limit and sometimes it is one per email, I actually have four emails.
I printed off two pizza ones and four soup ones (pic only shows three I printed another later)


These pizza's are usually £3.00, I found them on offer in Asda for £2.00, so with the coupons they were £1.00 each, the Soup is anything up to £1.98 depending on the store, they were on offer in Asda for £1.00, so with the coupons they were free.

All this for £2.00




I will be doing this again in the future, saving money, and free food, it's all good.

6 comments:

  1. That's absolutely brilliant. I normally get a coupon and can't find the product on sale anywhere!! I've often wondered about the coupon web sites. This definitely going to help with your new budget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania it will for sure, I get the coupons and check mysupermarket and find out where they are on promotion, then I can get it for next to nothing or free.

      Delete
  2. That's some good couponing! I usually find that if I get a coupon for something the supermarket has sold out of the product. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules, if you check on my supermarket you can see where it is on offer, it is usually in more than on store, x

      Delete
  3. I always find it interesting seeing what other people eat and drink! I've not eaten pizza in years, we just don't buy it, and I make all our own soup, so no need even for Covent Garden soup which I'm told is very good. I make a vat of soup (when I make it) and freeze in two-person portions in used ice cream cartons (Kelly's ice cream cartons, the black ones, are ideal.) I've not saved tokens out of anything but I do use the Waitrose or Morrisons or Lidl's money-off vouchers when they are made available, although now to get £10 off in Waitrose you must spend £85. I never buy cook-in sauces, either, as I prefer to make my own. I find that most things commercially produced (cakes, sauces, what have you) always tend to taste 'commercial'. I even make my own tomato sauce and freeze that into portions, too. I know not everyone has time to home-produce things like this, but it doesn't take long to sauté a chopped onion, adding a can of chopped tomatoes (good quality ones), adding a veggie Oxo cube, some herbs and some tomato puree and even a dollop of crème fraiche, does it?
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret I agree with you, We don't eat pizza that often, Soup I always make it, but getting 2 pizza's and 4 soups for £2.00 was worth doing, I love cooking from scratch and do not like eating rubbish, I am going to be doing lots of recipe posts to show that we can live off £100 a month without eating rubbish, and that we can eat well for less.

      Delete