Sunday, 6 September 2015

What a beautiful day it has been today, as you know I like bargains and I love to go to the car boot sale, so we ventured off today to find them.

Hubby has been going on at me about getting a shopping trolley for ages and I have declined, but it's practical , and saves the arms aching.

So my new set of wheels, hubby bless him wheeled it around for me.



We went to a small one in the morning then came home and had Roast and then went off to another, we couldn't believe how big it was, the biggest one we have ever been to, it started at 12 but by the time we had lunch we got the around 1.45, by the time we got half way round people were already packing up so next week we will go there earlier.

We actually didn't buy very much, but we enjoyed it just the same, hubby bought some diy bits he needed.

I found this beauty for £3.50






The only other thing I bought was tomatoes and peaches and plums, £2.00 for all this.

 

We just finished off the homemade plum jam, so next week I think I will get some for jam making.

The stall holder offered me a free Marrow, I thought it was rude not to accept it so I am off to find a chutney recipe now.


8 comments:

  1. Lucky you. Car boots around here are winding die now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather permitting they are on all year round here.

      Delete
  2. Great haul. incredibly pretty rose. On the bottom of my web journal for "Simple Summer Supper Dish" there is a recipe for courgette chutney which makes up well with marrows too, and I add a little ginger when making it with marrows.
    Many big car boots start very early and wind up early too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember your recipe, I am going to make chutney as marrow is something our son won't eat.

      Delete
  3. We go to a couple of local ones but after reading your post have realised I've not been this year. Love your trolley I want a red polka dot one but Mike wouldn't let me. he's in a for a surprise one of these days! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo I got it from Argos I think it was £19.99, but I had a £10 voucher, it has plenty of room, I wish I had one years ago x

      Delete
  4. Hi, thank you for stopping by and liking my blog. Love your trolley it certainly will help you with carrying things and your rose is beautiful to. Good luck with the sowing of your winter vegetables I to will be sowing some things this week in my little green house and keeping fingers crossed it takes well :-) Happy jam making to, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Delia thanks for following, love your blog, hopefully I can get some tips and ideas from you x

    ReplyDelete