Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Welcome to my new follower Sharon Larkin.

My outdoor veg growing area is doing well, Turnips, Spinach, Brocolli have all made an appearance ( well I hope they have, and it's not weeds). Not sure about the Carrots they seem to be taking there time, hubby has had to put wire netting over because we had a visitor last week.




Nothing against them I just don't want them doing there business on my vegetables  - yuck.

So we have popped out to get some wood and hubby is going to make a proper removable frame.

In the greenhouse......



The Beetroot are growing, I also picked up another of the grow bags today from Home Bargains.




Some more have been sown directly, the other I will be keeping for the Lettuce.







  The Cabbages are coming along ok, only a few which didn't appear, I haven't gone over the top with the sowing, after all there is only going to be the two of us most of the time now, and I am a learner.



The first lot of Micro Salad is doing very well, I have three trays at different stages, I know it might not appeal to some but I like the idea of a little garnish packed with goodness.



I also planted a few Lettuce of 4 seasons .





Lovely hubby made me a nice dibber ( I think thats's the right name ).



 Not much else happening on the garden I need hubby to do some digging but he is busy with other things at the moment, these are the few things I have bought and planted so far since being here.






There is something very satisfying with this growing, I think I am getting hooked.



15 comments:

  1. It's so exciting when you see everything starting to grow, especially when you're growing from seed. Cats can be such a nuisance. Only this morning I saw one doing its business in my front border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo it is very exciting, hopefully the cat will find somewhere else.

      Delete
  2. We've been growing our own for sooooooo long that it's lovely to read about being a beginner. Things I'd forgotten about.
    I'd also forgotten how annoying cats are in towns and small gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. My visitor cat, thankfully, does not scrape in my garden. I do scatter pepper dust every now and then as a deterrent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall have to monitor the situation.

      Delete
  4. It's all looking great. It's always exciting when things begin to grow. I unfortunately lost my battle against the cats here so I don't grow anything anymore. Maybe in my next home. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you are looking forward to moving x

      Delete
  5. I always get excited when the seeds germinate and pop their brave heads above the soil. Like Jules, though, I'm always battling cats but I have a cunning plan for next year! Good luck ~ they don't look like weeds to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, interested in hearing about your plan.

      Delete
  6. You´ve achieved a great deal in a few short weeks. You should be proud of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its lovely to see some one else just starting to grow vegetables to :-) Its so rewarding to be able to grow and sow from seed and then reap the rewards and it keeps you fit to I have certainly noticed things toning up. Everything is looking great and those lettuces are growing great guns :-) Enjoy it, dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dee, thankyou and people think growing your own is expensive but when you buy a pack of seeds with 500-700 seeds in there it is so cheap. I agree with you about the keep fit, I love being out in the garden x

      Delete
  8. It's always exciting when seeds start to germinate. Everything is coming together for you now x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.