Friday, 11 September 2015

Welcome to my new follower Candace.

In my outdoor growing area there seems to be lots of green bits popping up, hopefully they won't all be weeds, in the green house, my micro salad is doing well, the cabbages are starting to appear and also some of the winter lettuce, I have also sown some beetroot in the greenhouse and there were a couple of old deep pots lurking around so I put some more carrot seeds in them, hopefully I will get a some produce to show for my efforts.





Hubby is busy doing some little jobs in the garden, moving rocks around tidying edges etc.








He put the bird table up 2 days ago, still no visitors,  I do hope they come , mind you last time when we first put the bird table up in the old house it took about 2 weeks, fingers crossed they do visit I love watching them.



I have started doing a bit of planting in the garden, what we don't want to be doing really is going to an expensive garden centre, I think it is more sensible to pick up things when we see them at a good price, after all we have only been here four weeks and will be here for three years, no rush really.

I picked up these from B&Q they were down from £7 to £3 for 6, they had loads of trays to clear, people were snapping them up really quickly.
These are called Raspberry Ripple, they smell gorgeous.





I spotted these up Asda 4 for £2.00



Today we popped up Home Bargains, I thought this was a good idea for the greenhouse.


I opened it up its a decent size, next time I go up I will pick up a couple more ideal for the greenhouse. £2.09.

Lots of rain forecast next week, so glad we spent the day in the garden , have a nice weekend.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like your seeds have got off to a good start. My beetroot and peas are starting to germinate. Love the cyclamen. We've got some work starting in the garden later this month So I will be on the look out some colourful plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, I did reply to this comment it is under Diva's x

      Delete
  2. oh those Raspberry ripples are so pretty! I must look out for them on my travels :) i adore watching birds too, fascinating creatures xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, I love them maybe I should have got another pack, hubby reported he did see a robin hopping around where I had been digging, hopefully he will return soon, x

      Delete
  3. Hiya, I think I will plant some beetroot in one of those bags, they look deep enough, the Cyclamen are beauties, with the pansies and polyanthus that will add some winter colour, looking forward to hearing about your garden going ons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, Aldi have bulbs at £1.39 a pack, they look to be good quality too. Good luck with your veg growing - are you keeping them in the greenhouse?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, the cabbages will go out, I left a space for them, the lettuce and beetroot will stay in the greenhouse, I done some more carrots inside just to make use of some deep pots, I have carrots, spinach, turnips and broccoli outside and then room for the cabbages. Aldi do have some good deals, I will take a look when I go over that end of town again x

      Delete
  5. Wow, you have been busy. I love cyclamen. Bird tables do take a while to lose that 'new' feeling and so the birds don't come in immediately. A few weeks and it should be Bird Table Central!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do hope so, bird watching is one of my favourite things.

      Delete
  6. You've got your garden off to a good start there. I don't have the motivation to do much at my current house as I'm hoping to move next year. I may have to get some planters so I could take them with me. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jules, thats how I felt because I knew we would be moving, pots and planters are always good x

      Delete
  7. Your garden is coming along nicely, beautiful cyclamen too. I am sure the birds will soon realise that a new restaurant has opened there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, when Hubby was making tea early in the morning he said the Robin went on the table briefly so I am sure he will return.x

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.