Wednesday, 2 September 2015



We have decided to have a few family days out this week, so we can spend quality time together before our son starts his Uni journey, today we went to Bourton in the Water & Stow on the Wold.

We may live in a bustling town now but the we have the Cotswolds and many other lovely attractions around not far from us.

Bourton in the Water has been described as the "Little Venice" of the Cotswolds, one of the most popular tourist spots in the region, it was very busy there. 

I didn't take many pictures today, I want to take some of the Cotswolds Countryside next time.

But here are the few we took. Lots of People about, lots of expensive little gift shops, some lovely tea rooms, we had some lunch in a pub, followed by ice cream, it was just nice to get away for a few hours and relax.
































6 comments:

  1. I have never been to Bourton in the Water, but Mum has and says how fascinating the model village is. I would love to go. I'm afraid I'd head straight over to the teddy shop to buy me a Charlie Bear! Then I'd be heading off to the sweetie shop too, to spend a while reminiscing at the jars. All so beautifully presented, but I'll bet they are pricey sweeties, none at 4 for a penny!
    Glad you had a lovely day out.
    btw, I am an arctophile {will you need to look that up?}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Deborah,we will be doing the model village and bird world there another time, we did buy three bags of sweets for this shop, it was 100g or quarter, 3 quarters for £5.99, then we also got some from another shop, we spent nearly £10.00 on sweeties.
      I guessed what an Arctophile was, when you mentioned the bears, How many do you have, would love to see your collection x

      Delete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely day out, I'd be in my element on an old fashioned sweetshop x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo, we were in there ages so much to choose from x

      Delete
  3. It looks lovely. The water levels in the river look high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is decieving, the bridge is small, if you stood in it , it would only be ankle deep.

      Delete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.