Sunday, 20 September 2015

On Friday night we took our son to Asda to get some more shopping and fridge bits, look what I got.


Brioche Rolls, Chilli Cheese Panini, Snack Grapes, Bistro Salad, Celery, Satsumas, Bananas. All 10p not bad for 70p. 





We dropped our son of at Uni on Saturday morning and after went to a car boot sale. 

Today we went to one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Hubby is finding lots of bits for his shed,me well I wasn't that tempted, I bought lots of produce.

Apples £1.00
 Potatoes £2.00

My best bargain, a man was selling Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage any 3 for £1.00, I said one of each and he threw in an extra caulifower and broccoli.




I never say no to a freebie, so I have done a bag of broccoli and cauliflower for the freezer.




It was nearing the end and I always walk back past the fruit and veg stalls as they are keen to get rid, and we got 4 x punnets of Strawberries for £2.00.



So I will be making Jam tommorow.


I am sure I will succeed with the £100 a month challenge when I can buy things as cheap as this.

Also for the garden a Delphinium for £2.80



The only other thing I got were these to Sylvac Apple & Onion Pots, they should have lids, but they were only 20p each.



Our son rang us this afternoon , I have been good and decided I would wait until he rang us, as he might be busy, he is buzzing he has been out to the BBQ the Uni were having last night and today up to the town with his new house mates, he has a busy schedule the next two weeks as there is a lot going on before his course starts, but I am so happy he has made friends already as he is generally a very shy person.

Also we have had a Goldfinch & Robin on the bird table and feeders, that's a start, so all in all a nice weekend.


13 comments:

  1. You've done so well again with your bargains. We went to a car boot sale this morning but it was rubbish. I'm really pleased your son has settled in well. It must be a relief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules it can be disappointing when you don't find anything, but I like to go because you just never know what you will find, yes I am very relieved now our son is sorted.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear the birds are appearing. I bet your son will enjoy the goings on at Freshers week. Our youngest daughter went off to uni quite shy and reserved and she has just graduated as a confident young lady and is now doing her pgce to be an english teacher. Uni was the making of her, as it will be probably be for your boy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our son has always been shy and nervous, it will do him good,

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that your son seems to be settling well at uni. My son is just starting his third year, I don't know where the time has gone, it doesn't seem two minutes since we dropped him off two years ago. He's loving it, just as I'm sure your son will do too, it's such an all round great experience for them. We'll be going through it all again next year when my daughter goes. You've done really well with your bargains. I popped in to Morrisons earlier and picked up some lovely ciabatta rolls, I got a dozen for 38p, oh, and I picked up a pack of five doughnuts for Eleanor for 15p.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh doesn't time fly by, well done on your bargains to x

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bargains. It's such a good feeling when you can find things like that isn't it? Am so pleased for you that your lad is settling in to uni so well. Another chapter in life's great book, eh? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, I am sure I won't struggle when its time to do the challenge. Yes another chapter, time goes by so quickly, I'm sure the next few years will whizz by for him x

      Delete
  6. It's good to hear your son has settled in. Great bargains once again. I go to the market late in order to pick up bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab news about your son, you must be so relieved. If he is out with his house mates already he will be absolutely fine. I'm thrilled for you. Great bargains too x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to comment I love to read your messages, thoughts and ideas.

Please do not leave comments with links attached, comments are moderated and spam does not get published.