Friday, 25 September 2015

Just a little update on the growing........


Hubbys frame, to keep the pesky pussy's away, it is in four sections so I can move off easily.




The first lot of Winter Density Lettuce have been moved into the big grow sack.


Brocolli & Turnips






The Autumn King Carrots are popping up.




The Spinach is doing very well.



 This is the second lot of beetroot, I sowed these last week right into the growing sack, they are just starting to pop up, the first lot are doing well.


As well as the carrots outside I had a few deep teracotta pots in the greenhouse so I thought I would experiment and they are coming up now.


The Cabbages are doing well I will plant out in a week or so.



I had some space left outside so I have just sown some White Lisbon Spring Onions (Thanks Jo for the idea), I have also sown some in a deep old paint bucket.



So far all seems to be going well, I will carry on experimenting and will learn along the way what works and what doesn't, I am very happy now I have a garden and greenhouse to potter around in.

14 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing how your winter planting does. I haven't really done anything apart from the beetroot and peas in the greenhouse. I have sown some more cabbage that I'll keep in the greenhouse until the last minute so the dreaded cabbage butterflies are long gone!!!! You've done incredibly well in such a few short weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be looking forward to seeing how things grow. I never plant this late, but this year I planted nothing at all! I have a lovely crop of wild flowers so somebody, somewhere, locally will have the benefit of the honey. I like the covers your hubby made for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, its all a learning process, hubby is very good, he can do anything, he happily potters in the shed while I potter in the greenhouse.,x

      Delete
  3. So much growing, we never have anything other than flowers at this time of year, you've inspired me to have a rethink. I'm going to read some of your blog now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Cheryl thankyou for following, I am reading through your blog at the moment, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flipping heck! I'm feeling rather jealous now haha i can't wait to get mine sorted and growing lots more :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope nothing goes wrong with it x

      Delete
  6. It's all looking fantastic! You must be really pleased with your efforts. I wish I could grow more. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hopefully it will bring its rewards, x

      Delete
  7. All looking good, clever idea to keep the cats off. My cat doesn't go on our veg patch but I am always catching the neighbours cat out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes its funny cats never seem to do it on there own garden.

      Delete