Saturday, 5 September 2015

I saw this book on Codlinsandcream2's blog, she bought it from The Works for £5.00 -original price £25.00, when I went into town the other day I couldn't find it, so I looked on Amazon and I managed to get it brand new including the postage for £4.98, bargain!





I like to bake for the weekend, so I thought I would start with the first recipe.





Of course it didn't look nicely decorated as in the picture with lemon slices or sugared primrose's,  I can't be bothered with all that, I just used those lemon jelly slices. That looked good enough for us, after all the Queen wasn't coming for tea.




Very nice it was too, hubby and son said it was much nicer than the ready made sponge I bought the other day.


12 comments:

  1. Looks good enough to eat from where I'm sitting! Hungry now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I've been leading you astray it seems : ) Glad you found it cheaply (better than my price!) and hope you will try lots more recipes from it. That looks a lovely cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind being led astray, you do some lovely baking, x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Will be having some more for tea tommorow, that's what weekends are all about x

      Delete
  4. It looks delicious. I like anything lemony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Marlene, thanks for your lovely comments on my blog post today. It makes me happy to know you enjoy folliwing me. I just wish I had more time to blog but with working 4 days a week and everything we do at home there are not enough hours! I definitely recommend getting a whitecurrant bush - the fruit is just like blackcurrants and it did make lovely jam. Having said that, the gooseberries made the loveliest jam this year even though I've never been a big fan of them. Your lemon cake in this post looks delicious :) It would not have lasted long in our house! Haveva great week, Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiona, thanks for your lovely comments, I will be getting some gooseberry bushes sometime as well x

      Delete