Friday, 4 September 2015

I have been busy in the garden and greenhouse.

My seeds arrived, I have planted Turnips, Raab Brocolli, Spinach'Giant Winter', Carrot 'Autumn King' in my little veg patch near the greenhouse.

I am starting the Cabbage 'Durham Early' in a tray in the greenhouse, before planting outside, I have micro salad in the greenhouse, and am going sow the Winter Lettuce in trays to start in the greenhouse and then they will be put in troughs, I have 4 different varieties, Artic king, Winter Density, All year round, and Marvel of 4 seasons, with the lettuce and micro salad I am going to plant at different  times to make sure I always have some on the go.

I am just awaiting some Beetroot, I am going to grow this in pots in the greenhouse, not sure if it will work, all this in new to me, so it's trial and error.

Popped into Aldi today, found these £1.99 each.





 I have repotted them, then when we have sorted the garden out they can go in. I ran out of pots so I just used anything I could find.





Fingers crossed, I hope I have green fingers




12 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy! I'm not planting anything more this year apart from pea shoots, as i don't want to push my luck, and want to wait until the garden is a bit more organized :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as you know I have been itching to plant something, the greenhouse is concrete on the floor so I can't grow in the ground in there, I have a big potting up bench and some shelves, but I will cram in what I can x

      Delete
  2. Wow you've planted lots! I hope it's all successful for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you will have a veritable feast to pick from very soon! Good luck with your sowing and growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be nice to go out and pick something from the garden.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the seed germination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I will let you know how it goes x

      Delete
  5. Ooh best of luck with the seeds! I hope they do well for you and that you have lots of produce in due course. I shall be back to read how you get on :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those little plug plants are great value. I've bought similar plugs in the past, grown them on for a while and they've done really well. It sounds like you're very busy at the moment, hope everything grows well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo , I haven't stopped the last few weeks, but I am enjoying it x

      Delete