Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Welcome to my new followers Claire and Countryside Tales.

What miserable weather, to put it politely it's been pouring down, so not been able to get out into the garden .

Although there are lots of bits and bobs we need here, we do not believe in wasting money and are always on the look out for a bargain.

My new rug was £99.99 down to £24.99




Being thrifty I decided to cook extra veg and potatoes on Sunday, so we could have a mini microwave roast on Monday. This is something I will be doing more of, saves electric and gives me more time for other things.



On Tuesday we went for a look around the town, there was a really good fruit and veg stall in the town, £1.50 for the tomatoes.





£2.00 for a bag of fruit or veg, I just got this fruit.
Will be paying a weekly visit to the stall.




I have been working out the finances this morning, as I have said before the rent is more, but we can get more food bargains and grow a few things, we won't be using much petrol , the gas, water and electric here are all on meters, I actually like this we can see what we are using and no unexpected bills, and it seems to working out very cheaply so far.

Just a few more things to get here and son needs a few things for uni accomodation, and then it's back to simple, thrifty living.

8 comments:

  1. Your rug is a real bargain. Gorgeously bold pattern too. Love it.
    I'm not a fan of microwaves, but I make up similar in my vegetarian meals and freeze them for reheating in the oven. Saves so much time!
    You are certainly scooping up some bargains on the fruit and veg side too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rug, like you say bold pattern.
    Shopping for the bargains always allows us to be able to afford days out and holidays x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great price for fruit & veg x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Angie, it adds a splash of colour x

      Delete
  5. I love that rug - what a find! I also cook a bit extra and then freeze the leftovers, especially soups, stews and bakes. It's useful to have things to defrost at short notice and to re-heat for lunch at work.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cooking, but sometimes after a long busy day it's nice to have something quick to do.x

    ReplyDelete