Thursday, 27 August 2015

By the looks of things I'm still on a winning streak.

I won these from Facebook/Dorset Cereals.





I do buy these anyway, this lot will keep us going for a while.


Today I have done a few jobs indoors and then this afternoon some more jobs in the garden.


The garden/green  waste bin is full so there are bags and buckets  in the greenhouse, another week before it gets emptied again.

Can't believe the amount of weeds we have pulled up.



Whilst Hubby and son have been painting I have been clearing weeds and anything I don't want in the garden.

The herb patch before...




Cleared it all out and starting afresh.




I have put a few things in, Sage, Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, Parsley and chives. I have left plenty of growing space between each one, but I am not going to let them get too big. Plenty of room left, so I will have to think about what else I want, My Bay will stay in its pot and I will grow some Mint in a pot as well.




This bamboo was stuck in a pot and not looking very healthy, so I think we will remove the plants on the left hand side of the picture and it will go in there, behind the bamboo you can see the Camelia, this got dug out of the old garden.


Another area cleared, hubby is going to dig it all over, you can see my son hard at work doing the fence.






Hubby  busy painting, the owner said we can do what ever we like with the garden, the only thing he wanted to stay is the Weeping Cherry Tree Below. The pond is going to come out.





Still lots to clear out and then, we will sort out some plants, I have to say I am loving being out in the garden. 

10 comments:

  1. I shouldn't be surprised, but I always am, when I see soil in other parts of the country and it's so very different from our Devon red soil, which always looks so cheerful, especially when freshly turned over. But well done on all your weeding and planting!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, the soil is actually quite fine, still lots to do, nice weather tommorow, I will do some more.

      Delete
  2. My garden is waterlogged, we have had torrential rain for a few days, yours is taking shape/

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are very wet here in Essex. I hope we dry out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have lots of rain last week but it soon dried up.

      Delete
  4. I think you have earned every bowlful of those Dorset Cereals working in the garden! Well done on another win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Deborah, it's certainly keeping me fit x

      Delete
  5. Well done on the win, Marlene, those cereals are my favourite especially the green box. Must confess I don't really like ponds either so I would take it out too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, the pond is just full off muck and rubbish and doesn't interest us, so it has to go, have a great weekend x

      Delete