Saturday, 22 August 2015

As you know we are trying to sort the garden out, on Friday the green waste was emptied early in the morning, but 10 am Friday we filled it up again, lucky we have plenty of buckets and giant bags we can use, we also have a compost bin, this is also full.

 Years ago we had a greenhouse, grew fruit etc, I have really missed gardening, next week we might take a trip out to a garden centre, so I can get some herbs and then we can also get some ideas, we would like some fruit bushes and grow a little veg, if anyone know's where to get fruit bushes cheap please let me know.

Whilst out and about this weekend we found a few things.

We got this lily in The Range for £3.99.



Found this white one in Homebase today reduced from £5.00 to £1.99, they smell amazing.


70p for all these.

 Bulbs from Home Bargains 99p each, I am going to plant some of the hyacinths for indoors, and I am going to get a few more packs and plant some up for Christmas gifts and also put some in the garden.


We have been here a week now and worked hard, plenty of time to get it right, will buy things we need as a when we see them cheap enough.

14 comments:

  1. I would ask around and see if anyone is currently pruning back their summer fruiting canes and ask if you could have some to start off your own plants, same with strawberries as most people have masses of runners. Worth a try, and you could always bake them a lovely home made cake in that shiny new cooker of yours!
    Wish I lived closer, you could come help yourself to my unruly thug of a raspberry patch!
    I must knuckle down and sort out some Spring bulbs soon. I don't live anywhere near the big garden centres so must look at mail order sources.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you what a lovely gesture, x. The neighbours we have met are all elderly, and keep their gardens to a minimum, we'll gradually get there, x

      Delete
  2. What wonderful lilies, Marlene, I love the colours. I'm sure you will soon fill up your garden as you would like it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know roughly what we want to do with it x

      Delete
  3. Some excellent bargains there - perfect for your new garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bulbs and plants. Lidl and Aldi do some great fruit bushes. I have hundreds of strawberry runners at the moment they've gone berserk. The £1.50 gooseberry bush I got ft cost cutters earlier this year has quadrupled in size but won't fruit till next year. If you intend moving again be careful what you spend in case you have to leave them behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. You've been busy and what beautiful lillies. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As already suggested, it's shame you can't have some of my raspberry cane suckers which like to pop up in the lawn. I discovered last September that a local garden centre was selling all its spring and summer-flowering perennials at 25% off. Maybe there are some near you which do the same?
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy we will check out the summer sales x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete