Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Home Grown

Welcome to Thrift Deluxe & Sue Settle,& Tiddles, Welcome back to Jo & welcome back to Sue in Suffolk.
5 followers in one day thats amazing.

All I have grown in the garden where we are now are herbs, a few tomato plants in pots, we had some potatoes which were sprouting and planted them to see what would happen and we got these. Enough to use for the next four days, for the three of us. 



I am really looking forward transforming the new garden, plenty of room, there is a nice patio area, and small lawn area with beds and borders then there is another section which houses a huge shed/workshop which inside is about the size of a double garage, and then there is the large green house and a little growing area.

I am looking for ideas of what I can grow in the greenhouse in autumn and winter, does the greenhouse have to be heated? so if any of you green fingered bloggers could give me some advice about what I could grow, I would really appreciate it.

6 comments:

  1. Hello! I was wondering where you were!! The new garden sounds wonderful. Afraid I can't help with your greenhouse query - we don't have one, but my dad uses the winter to clean his up, fiddle with the soil, etc - he just grows things in it in summer time. I would think however that some sort of heater would be needed?? Glad things have gone well with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi thankyou, it took a while to find the right place, as soon as we walked in it felt like home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can get electric to it, a frost buster heater will help and some bubble wrap stuff inside to keep in the warmth. There are some types of lettuces that overwinter and winter radishes, and a lot of things sown in early september will sit through the winter and grow early like beetroot and broad beans. But it's lack of light that causes the problems with winter growing
    We are just happy to see you back which is why we are all following again and hope you keep well and able to carry on. Was one of your goes at blogging called Homemaking tales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue for your greenhouse advice, Yes it was Homemaking Tales, everyone has been so kind I will keep it up I promise xx

      Delete
  4. I agree with what Sue has said but it will make things a little easier for you next year starting things off early & the protection the greenhouse will offer your seedlings. Loon on winter the time to plan your veg garden for next year, that's always fun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jo, I guess you are right really, I can plan ahead and sit down and then think about it properly, in the mean time we will just get ourselves settled and then we can sort out the rest of the garden x

      Delete