Saturday, 25 July 2015

Bored

Welcome to my new followers Ramble & the house with the blue door & welcome back to Chickpea.


I am getting bored now all there is to do is packing and sorting, I can't really think about anything else, so I hope my blog posts aren't to boring, we have had so much rain and have been stuck indoors, ideal time to bake a cake.




I love making a fruit cake they always keep well, this would have made one very big cake but I packed the big cake tin away, so I made some small ones and thought they would be nice iced, and the big one is stored for next week.


That's all folks, back to the packing and sorting, have a great weekend whatever you are up to.

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh the cake looks lovely. You have inspired me to bake this afternoon :) Just keep yourself busy, the time will fly until moving day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely let me know what you bake, the sun has come out now so a walk will help pass the time x

      Delete
  2. My boiled fruit cake recipe is quite different to that so I will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there are many versions, this one is nice and simple,

      Delete
  3. Your cakes look lovely, I like books like that x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to I want to get back into good old frugal simple food.

      Delete
  4. hello simple living,
    your cakes look wonderful.i like old cookbook,too.
    have a nice sunday,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have had that book since, oh, 1970 probably, and use it regularly. If I could only ever have one cookery book - that would be it! Have you ever made the Iced Apple Gingerbread? I don't bother icing mine but have made that cake 100s of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I have only had it a short while it was the first time I used it.

      Delete